Monday, March 15, 2010

preparing for a party

The other day my roommates and I decided as one of our last hurrahs, that we wanted to have as a large group here at Northwest Missouri State university; We want to through a unique party at our apartment. The party we decided on is an ABC Party. ABC stands for anything but cloths. This means that are party attendants will have to come up with a creative costume to wear to our party in order to get in.
To get some ideas for costumes ourselves we decided to a google search on costume ideas. A lot of the ideas on these sites were all the same. Many people used trash bags, cardboard boxes, and saran wrap. All these seem like pretty simple and easy ideas and i wanted to be more creative. I saw some really creative ideas on a few sites but it was usually done by or for girls, like a dress made out of skittles bags.
To find an idea i decided to look around my apartment for inspiration. As i walked around I happened to notice an old laundry basket that I don't use any more and the idea hit me i could wear the laundry basket and stuff it with cloths. When i pitched this idea to my roommates they absolutely loved it and said it was a great idea. They then proceeded to ask me to come up with ideas for them lol.
Hopefully everyone will be as creative and inventive as my roommates and I are.

No comments:

Post a Comment